2. Loaded Words:
- bitch- pg.85: This is a loaded word because it's harsh and there are alternatives to using bitch; woman, girl, mean person, etc.. It's connotative feeling is mean, and almost looking down upon. I believe the author used this word because this is how she spoke and wanted people to know the harsh words that were used against her and that she used towards others.
- hatred- pg.106: This is a loaded word because it gives off mean vibes and can have different words used in its place. It's connotative feeling is yet again harsh and ire. The author used this word because she wanted to show how much hate she had towards another person.
- cuzzz- pg. 108: This is a loaded word because its commonly used in slang and can give off different meanings. It's connotative feeling is calm, loving, and friendly. The author used this word because while "bangin'" she used this term often and if she didn't use it her gang would seem a lot different then it was.
- asshole- pg.111: This is a loaded word because it's a describing word that isn't often used and can have different feelings. It's connotative feeling was mean, hated towards or harsh. The author chose to use this word because it is a commonly used word with her, and if she would change her vocabulary it would change her character.
- rage- pg. 112: This is a loaded word because it can have many connotative feelings. A connotative feeling of rage would be intense anger, off the wall, or even crazy. The author used the word rage because she wanted to show the impact and how mad she was.
- Sherm- pg. 114: This is a loaded word because it is a uncommonly used word, a slang term and can have different feels for different people. It's connotative feeling would be gross, amazing, and disgusting. The author used the word because it was something she would used often and changing the word would change how comfortable she was with it.
- gat- pg. 120: This is a loaded word because it is a word with many connotative feelings. One connotative feeling would be rough, gangster, and superior. The author chose this word because she wanted a rough, gangster exterior look.
- bangers- pg. 124: This is a loaded word because it is a word with many different feelings. Some connotative feelings towards bangers would be scary, family, tight. The author used this word because her gang used slang and that was her vocabulary.
- boyfriend- pg. 125: This is a loaded word because it gives off feelings of love and commitment. A connotative feeling could be loving, abusive and fad. The author used this word because she wanted to show her commitment and liking of her lover.
- hoo-bangin'- pg. 142: This is a loaded word because most people would feel different when hearing this word. A connotative feeling towards hoo-bangin' could be scary, dangerous, vicious. The author choice to use this word because this was apart of her life and the slang she spoke.
3. Reaction: My reaction to the section I read was quite shocked. To think before even 16 she had been, raped, prostituted her own body, family death, run-away, gotten pregnant, joined a gang, shot someone, and had done a countless number of drugs. I'm impressed on how well she was for have survived intense events.